How to care for your hair during summer months! This is the topic of the season to be sure. While there’s no “magical answer” in caring for your hair, mainly because everyone’s hair is so different, there are tips and techniques that people use time and time again in caring for their hair.
- Visit your hair stylist on a routine basis. Your hair really takes a beating during hot summer months or extreme weather conditions and it’s important to keep those ends fresh rather than letting your hair go for too long without a salon visit.
- Ask your salon professional for deep conditioning treatments that you can purchase in-salon, and ones that you can purchase to use at home. This helps hydrate, mend and nourish hair.
- If you’re a swimmer, avoid letting chlorine or ocean water dry in your hair. It causes breakage, damage, and build-up when you do. If possible, shampoo and condition immediately after swimming.
- If you’re an active swimmer, use clarifying treatments for your hair to help remove build-up in hair from swimming.
- Prior to fun in the sun, apply a light hydration treatment to your hair to help prevent “wear and tear” while enjoying sun, sand and surf.
- Look for products that have UV defenders or ingredients like Sunflower (which is a natural defender for your hair).
- Remember to protect your scalp during summer months by applying a spray sunscreen onto the scalp area especially where hair is fine or thin, or skin shows most. For men, this may be the crown area.
We could go on and on with tips galore – but hope you get the picture.